Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sirens of the Woodwinds




Here is my excuse for not much blogging or knitting this week. Rehearsals and concerts every night. EVERY night. We were fortunate enough to get to play Dvorak's New World Symphony with guest conductor Grzegorz Nowak from Poland. It was a lot of fun and the orchestra sounded great on it. Can't you tell from the smiles? This is the flute and oboe section from the symphony. From left to right-Becky, LeeAnne, Laura and moi. One of my youngest students came to one of the shows to hear the English horn solo and brought me these. Aren't they lovely? What a sweetheart!



I was able to do a little (I said LITTLE) on Lusentyre in between things and also finished my Embossed Leaves socks. I LOVE the way they turned out and the fit is fantastic! Too bad it is summer here now. Alas, I must wait to wear...or turn the air conditioner way down. Hmmmmmmmm. I opt for door # 2.





I received a yarn order and am starting a pair of really fun socks for V. They......well...I will keep you in suspense and post some pics tomorrow. See you then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

How do you expect the other members of the orchestra to play when the flute and oboe section dress to distract?

Love the colors of the socks.

15/5/06 02:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home