Friday, June 02, 2006

Sockapalooooza!!!!


They're here! They're here! And look at my presents. My sock pal went above and beyond and gifted me with these lovely socks (in my favorite color no less) and yarn and a really neat card of women soldiers knitting. It looks like Italy WWII. Very wonderful. Thank you so much, Pam!!! I am in awe of your generosity. I hope your sock pal gifted you as well as you gifted me. :0)


























I have also been doing a little on Luskentyre...but look who also came out to play. I seem to be in exactly the same spot on both. Oh, God, it's the arms. I must push onward, for I have some new projects brewing and I refuse to start until I have at least one of these done, if not both. Still looking at Norsk Strikkedesign and also another Starmore or two...but a little different than a Fair Isle. Piqued anyone's interest?



5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oooh, welcome back Rheingold! I love her colours.

A Starmore that's not a Fair Isle? Little Rivers? Sorry, couldn't stop myself ;-)

The socks look fabulous! Lucky you.

2/6/06 16:53  
Blogger Miss A said...

mmmmmm...I agree with marina, that Rheingold is so luscious. I love those rich colors...

2/6/06 19:03  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Nice work! You really do K-nit so well!

PS I posted one of my little guy Az on my page if you want to see him! :)

4/6/06 16:00  
Blogger Adri said...

hi! thanks for your comment! Zara is one of my favorites because it's not itchy and has a nice stretch to it.
_______________________
those fair isle pieces are gorgeous! Arms are the worst, but keep going--they look great!

I really wish I had the patience to do something like that--I always end up tangling my yarns and getting frustrated

5/6/06 14:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read your comment on my site about Season of Darkness and Winter Light - I've been lusting after the thing for so long but now I'm a little nervous to start it, because I really want it to look as good as I'm picturing it. I'm excited someone else wants to make it - if you are going to start it soon, I will too and then we can have our own little knit-along. Although, judging from the work you have done here, you'll probably finish long before I do! :) What kind of yarn did you order?

Your fair isle work is beautiful, I'm very impressed!

10/6/06 14:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home