Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A little rain, a lot of hail

Wow! We wanted rain, we got it...and a little more. It hailed for at least 30 minutes straight. I have never seen a hail core last that long......but, at least it was mostly small here. A few minutes north they had hail that was golfball sized. Windows out, car windshields broken. This pool was sparkling clear blue the day before. Blech. But that's Texas for you.







I am now working on one of my mom's Christmas presents. I had to ask what she would prefer in a quilt....so no surprise there. She asked for a "happy yellow king size quilt". I am thinking a bit traditional with blocks and sort of scrappy but an overall feeling of sunshiney yellow. I can't decide if they should be on point or straight out. I will add white sashings and plain yellow blocks between the sashings to further brighten the quilt. Then at least two borders. What do you think?





On point?



Or not?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jenn C. said...

Definitely on point! What gorgeous gorgeous colors!

22/6/11 10:24  
Blogger Angeluna said...

And here just west of you, we got a spectacular lightning storm, a quick hard downpour with little liquid accumulation and strong winds but no hail. Bit tired of all the wind; the heat, too.

What a lovely quilt. I'm liking it straight out. I'm also wondering if I could adopt you! You're a wonderful daughter.

22/6/11 12:48  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

On point. Pretty! Sunshiny! It looks almost like sunflowers or pinwheels. Happy stuff.

Wow, now that's hail!

24/6/11 14:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home