Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Pretties

Time flies. Seems like it was just August and here we are in February! The school year is more than halfway done. It is unbelievable! I think the saying that time goes faster as you age is right.....or maybe that alien abduction thing is for real......nonetheless, I have lost about 5 months somewhere along the way....


Anyhow, I have some new stuff to post. I started a quilt class in the fall at one of the local quilt stores. My absolute favorite, Quilt Country. Same place and teacher that taught the last Niemeyer quilt I made. Eileen is an amazingly talented teacher. We had several classes and then one more after the Christmas holiday blur was over. I am not finished, but now I am to a point where I can almost start sewing the larger blocks together. Do you recognize the pattern?


















It is Judy Niemeyer's Bali Wedding Star. I fell head over heels in love with this one and knew I had to make this one day. Getting closer every day.....it would be nice to finish so I can go back to daily life. Might even shower then.............just kidding. It is a bit blurry in spots as I had to use a panorama application to get it all in...it is a king size. And I will be making a bed runner for one of my bestees, too. What have I done to myself??? The king alone has more than 3200 pieces.....




I also was fortunate enough to be able to take a class with Jacqueline Dejonge this fall as well. Now THAT was an amazing class. She is such a warm and friendly person. I enjoyed the class so very much. Word to the wise, make sure you have all of your pattern and kit if you need one before the class. Unfortunately we didn't get them until the day of the class and most of us spent the majority of the time tracing the pattern instead of sewing......exactly what I tried desperately to avoid.....but couldn't seem to get the host shop on the same page. After many phone conversations and hearing my stuff would be mailed a few different times...nothing was. It was disappointing to say the least. But Jacqueline was very nice and patient. She brought many of her quilts and allowed us to look at them. Stunning. I am working on her Surprisingly Red pattern in a different color way. I started the Wedding Star right after this so it had to go on the back burner, but it is one of the reasons I am working so feverishly to finish. I want to get going on it again. These are a just a few of her treasures she brought to show:










And lastly, here is my mom's present almost done. I need to add borders and then I think I will send it to be quilted. I have someone in mind if she has time and will take it. I want this to be very specially quilted sine it is for my mom. :0)





A little knitting to show I do still knit.....Kate Davies Fugue tam. I loved knitting this one so much I see many more in the future. I am waiting on the yarn for her Sheep Heid hat, but for some reason it is taking a VERY long time from J&S. I usually receive packages from them very quickly...I am a little worried about it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

OMG, those are beautiful!!! I didn't really see the colors in the Bali quilt until you did the closeups...they just melt into one another. So. Glorious.

Your mom is going to love her quilt. Lucky to have those classes too. And you're knitting?? When do you have time to eat? No wonder time is flying. Sleep. :)

17/2/12 16:56  
Blogger The Joyful Quilter said...

Hi there! You make some of the MOST amazing quilts and I enjoy seeing the progress on your blog. For that reason, I would like to pass along a Liebster Blog Award. Details are shown in the following post on my blog:

http://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-love-awarded.html

Keep those spectacular quilts coming!
The Joyful Quilter

4/5/12 13:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home